Monday, January 30, 2012

If only I could unsee....

Supernatural used to be an amazing show all around. The characters were amazing, the acting was a little rocky in the beginning but eventually became absolutely fantastic and the plot lines we're interesting. However, only the first five years were planned out by Eric Kripke. After those five years, he left the show and it hasn't been the same since. If I could unsee something it would be Supernatural after the season five finale. I recommend a lot of shows to different people, but when I recommend Supernatural to people I tell them to pretend there is nothing after season five. And the finale works great as a series finale.
      If you've never seen the show it's worth watching the first five seasons. The series revolves around Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) Winchester. They were born into the life of hunting the supernatural. When the show started out each episode was them running around the nation killing creatures, but slowly it started to have a thicker plot and from then on it was this fascinating story.
          But now that Kripke is gone the show has gone to shit! It wasn't until the last few episodes that aired did it seem like the characters were back on track at all. Last season it seemed like there was no real plot lines. This year, the only idea they have had is to kill off the very few main characters the show has ever had. I'm guessing their trying to shock the audience, I really don't know. It's hard to even try to care. But I invested the time to watch the show for that long I have to see it through. It's like a chore every Friday night. I wish they would have cancelled it after season five. That way the show could go out with a bang. The saddest part is that people are now tuning into this show, and a lot of them haven't seen the previous seasons and that's such a shame. I just wish this abortion of a show would end! Keeping it around isn't doing the show or the actors any justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment