Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Final Season....My appreciation, sadness, and excitement

If your a television junkie like me then you know that there is nothing worse than falling in love with a great show and then four or five seasons into the series it turns to the worst show ever! All too often this is what happens. As sad as it is to see a great show get cancelled or just end sometimes it's better for it to happen so the show can go out with a bang. There are two shows I love dearly and they had some awesome seasons and then the show shifted and either changed and sucked or just sucked because the writers used up all their good ideas. But today I'm focused on the one that is premiering it's finale season tonight.

        I remember the night I saw the commercial for One Tree Hill. Somehow I had managed to not see it until about 15-20 minutes before the pilot premiered. From the first commercial I knew I was going to love the show. To be fair, I was a teenager when the show started now as an adult I had to continue watching even though I get a ton of shit from everyone I know. In my opinion, the last great season they had was season four. And yes by the time season five premiered it was well past the time for the characters to grow up but the show was never the same. It lost so much of it's magic and that is expected when a show jumps four years in the future. This is my go to show, I watch it all the time. If something in my life sucks, I'm sick at home, or I just want to feel that feeling again every time I see it. For me, it was more than a show. I know it sounds crazy, but there is something about the show that makes me smile like a child every time I go back and re watch season 1-4 which is often, I can quote the show all the way thru for those seasons and can tell you a specific convo or line and what episode it is from what song was playing etc. It just makes me happy. As someone who feels this strongly about the show, I am sad to see that 17 hours from now, the ninth season will be premiering. I almost wish it was put off for a long while because then there is hope to see my favorite show again sometime in a new episode. I know the actor are probably done to close this chapter of their life, but I will they got 10 full seasons. I mean Smallville got 10 seasons, why can't OTH? Oh well. I guess all I can hope is that season nine is amazing even though I'm not a fan of some of the characters that joined the show over the past few season, but who knows. 50 Years down the road, I'll be able to watch the show and smile from ear to ear and fell the excitement race thru my veins as I watch eagerly and feel the same magic I did when the show started when I was 16. Sometimes I wish I never loved tv so much or go wrapped up in shows like this.  But as Ellie once told Peyton, "Every song ends but is that any reason to not enjoy the music? OTH, Please don't disappoint this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment